Day 7!

My group's field research was complete so we had a bit of a free day today. I used the opportunity to do some exploring of the grounds, finding plants and flowers that I hadn't yet come across. I spent an hour walking with my camera, trying to collect enough images of this beautiful place. I hiked out to the lookout tower and enjoyed the view and solitude. The first time I was at the tower it was in a group so it was nice to get up there and take my time and really soak it all in.

The afternoon was fun and interesting. We began our cultural exchange with Lazaro at 1:30. He showed us how he extracts liquid from a seed, that the then used to make ink for temporary tattoos. He explained that in his culture they wear tattoos at all times, he has them redone when they wear off and it's a part of who he is. All of us students took turns getting the tattoos done, I was third in line. Here's a picture of how it turned out:
The pattern is repeated three times around my arm

Here's how my face turned out after I slept on my arm 😂:

good times

Today wasn't as eventful as the previous days, but the slow place allowed me to stop and appreciate things a little more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6!

Day 1!

Day 9!